Our 2021 Summer courses are all 3-class mini-courses with a maximum class-size of 20 participants. Each class will take place via Zoom, and participants will receive the links upon successful registration.
Choreography of T'fillah
We will explore Shacharit, Minhah, and Ma'ariv and all of the choreography that comes with it. When to sit, stand and bow - what is call and response, and what is just the leader, as well as how this choreography developed over time.
Sunday, August 15th @ 7:00pm Central (5:00pm Pacific, 8:00pm Eastern)
- Topic: Friday Night - Kabbalat Shabbat and Ma'ariv
Monday, August 16th @ 7:00pm Central (5:00pm Pacific, 8:00pm Eastern)
- Topic: Shacharit - Shabbat & Holidays
Thursday, August 19th @ 7:00pm Central (5:00pm Pacific, 8:00pm Eastern)
- Topic: Minha - Shabbat & Holidays
Lay Leader Skills
The term "lay-leader" refers to much more than just the individual leading the service. Join us as we explore how to be a lay-leader on the bimah, off the bimah, and a special class on how to Gabbai for the Torah. This class will prepare you to comfortably step into any role at synagogue to help the service run smoothly.
Sunday, August 15th @ 12:00pm Central (10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern)
- Topic: "Off the Bimah" - From the lobby to the pews
- From the lobby to the pews, learn to create a welcoming space and an efficient service.
Monday, August 16th @ 12:00pm Central (10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern)
- Topic: "On the Bimah" - How to facilitate the honors
- Learn to honor your fellow community members while assisting your clergy team.
Thursday, August 19th @ 12:00pm Central (10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern)
- Topic: "Gabbai 101" - More than following along
- Learn the ancient art of supporting your Torah readers on Shabbat and holidays.
Pricing & Registration
All summers classes are $18 / session or $36 for a full 3-class mini-course. Spots are limited to 20 people per class. Please register using the button below.