FreelanceJudaism Teacher Training 2022
Join the FreelanceJudaism Team
This course is an online 10-lesson series designed to train you to prepare bar/bat-mitzvah students for their big day. All sessions are taught via Zoom.
Perks for Completing the Course
When you successfully finish the course you will be given a certificate of completion and be guaranteed an offer of part-time employment with FreelanceJudaism. This comes with the following benefits:
- Starting salary of $45+ / hour
- Mentorship with Rabbi Feivel Rubinstein
- Access to all FreelanceJudaism teaching resources
- FJ will work to find you students for 1-on-1 training (in person or online) and will offer letters of recommendation at your local your synagogue or Hebrew schools.
Schedule of Training
All classes taught online are 1-hour long sessions, from 3:00pm - 4:00pm CENTRAL time. All sessions are taught via Zoom.
- Sunday, June 12th - Brief History of the Hebrew Language
- Thursday, June 16th - Brief History of Jewish Prayer
- Sunday, June 26th - Understanding the Service: An Overview
- Thursday, June 30th - Understanding the Service: Weekday
- Sunday, July 3rd - Understanding the Service: Shabbat
- Thursday, July 7th - Teaching Hebrew & Liturgy (The 6 Steps)
- Sunday, July 10th - Teaching Torah & Haftarah
- Thursday, July 14th - Fundamentals of the Classroom: Virtual vs In-Person
- Sunday, July 24th - Labwork: Practice Teaching
- Thursday, July 28th: Assessment / FJ Resources & Mentorship
Classes will be recorded for those who are unable to attend, but no more than 3 class may be missed to complete the class and be eligible for the benefits.
$360/person for registration (comes out to $36/hour)
Anyone who accepts a teaching position with FJ will receive $180 back upon taking their first student.
- NO prior teaching experience is required
- MUST have familiarity with the Hebrew alphabet
- Do NOT need to be comfortable with conversational Hebrew
- MUST be 18+ to apply
- Ideal participants are college students, or college-aged
- May live anywhere in the United States
- LIMITED TO 10 PARTICIPANTS